Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Yesterday: Short Story

 Yesterday was a regular working day and a Tuesday. The beginning of the week as usual is an ordinary day. What was different about yesterday? We went out. We decided to go to see the performance at the local theatre. It was only thirty minutes away from us. The St. Petersburg's Russian Ballet gave only one show at the Miami Beach theater. Our plan included picking up Aunt Fran and purchasing tickets at the door.

I came from work early. I made it on the bus stop at 5:08 pm. I was dressed as I departed to my workplace. on Tuesdays, I have a library Committee to attend; and so, I wanted to look good in a public place, meeting our professors. Around 11:00 am we got together with work-study students for a cake to celebrate Martine's birthday. She was surprised.

Okay, let's go back to the theatre. We came early. We had enough time to interact with my auntie. We talked, joked, and laughed. Suddenly, the fire alarm came off: the lights and the sound of emergency were unexpected and looked very unusual in the theatre facility filled with theatrical lights for performance. people seemed to be puzzled like us and did not know how to response. And then came the announcement made by the theatre's administrator to leave the building through the emergency exit.

I was informed by text about a bomb treat on Collins Avenue in the house of the Jewish settlements. My friend Ana briefed me of what she anticipated on the news of current events walking with her dog Ashley on the beach. Guess what I was thinking? In my mind came out all kind of different pictures walking down the stairs from Iraq's election on Sunday to the bomb treat at Miami Beach in Florida. Well, we left the building in silence and with some fair. Meanwhile, we slowly observed other people, their reaction and behavior. There was not any panic at all.

No comments: