Wednesday, April 17, 2024

On the Beach in October: Short Story

The top heads of the wheat grass were friendly shaking. The sea grapes were turning purple: sweet and sour, and ready to grab and eat. The native to Florida beach sunflowers were beautiful. This year, the purple wines were overgrowing the boardwalk fence. The flowers were varicolored with a delicate aroma. It was irresistible to pick up a full hand bouquet of wildflowers.

It was often raining, but the sun would come out and dry out the wet, soft and quickly. The little pools of past rain would make me run on the side of the road. There are no cats around. Right before the tropical rain Gustav, the good Samaritans, pet-lover people, came by, and picked up the beach cats to place them under the roof. Beside all this above, the same people pass me every day - bike riders, dog owners, and beach walkers. 

I cannot believe that I am running the second year and still enjoying it very much. I am noticing the change in the weather. It is what it is. It is fall, the Floridian style. The comfort seventy-seven degrees in the morning and the sunrise at seven-fifteen drive the willingness for my morning exercises.

No comments: