Monday, April 15, 2024

Crying Men: Poem

Crying Men: Poem

I

Why

People say that men

Don't cry?

Amen!

It is not true. I saw men crying,

I was in the crew

Leaving

The motherland

To find a homeland,

Moving to a foreign country,

Not for 'travelocity'.

I saw men crying.

Because the heart was weeping,

In young and old,

In the il Bel Paese that called

"Republica Italiana,"

The land of the Mona donna

Where I was a Santa Mama,

Handling the transit drama.

II

After so many years,

There is a history of fears.

The sound of the little boy's cry,

Still makes my heart to wry.

The tears of fear

Uncertainly

For the entire family.

The destiny in hands of others

To further.

O' God, our father,

Help the lost sheep,

Make it peaceful to sleep,

And to find a secure destination,

In the new land's protection.

"How to picture

The future?" -

I question myself out of fear,

And bear the unwanted tear.

Let us instead to be yelled,

Hand-held,

With prayers and blessings to excel.

Very well, farewell!

III

Come again,

Without any pain.

Yes, you can,

As the time span.

You are a different man,

Almost a Superman!

Dream very grand

About the fairyland!

Tomshinsky@2024

No comments: