Thursday, April 18, 2024

Traces of Summer Now Fade

Traces of summer now faded. I slipped into the warmth of fall. Days of work and heat gave way to memories of pale green, and orange, and crimson under my feet. The glow of the horizon shifted to the brightness of the days spent in thoughts and selfness. Steam from the sauna of leaves wafted from asphalt to complete my rustic surrender. Long days became nights of revelry. long nights became days of splendor. Friends now gone, yet a new day faded into the warmth of my past and gave birth to my future. Traces of me faded in the portrait of us. As we became one of many yet one of none. Together out forces split time and matter, as days of fun and cool gave way to memories of salty ocean, frozen lakes, and barbecue. 

The sunset never came, and darkness was eternal. The respite now done where we traveled on. Valleys of kings and the mountains of queens lay before me. The walkway lined with the young, old, and those of neither but once of one, nor one day of the other. Out path was clear, yet we were separated from the valley and the mountain. Large of wing and slight of foot, the guardian of the path bade us split for our paths to stay separate. We turned from the guardian as we turned from him other approached. The grass rose up against me as time stopped. When I awoke, I was in the valley of queens looking up upon the mountain of kings. Guided by your handed we found another route to the beginning of our destination. The guardian of the path slight of wing yet large of foot bade us continue for we had gone backward to progress. Yet as I looked back, I saw the others who forged forward yet those who went backward yet we were all here. Yet the young joined the old. Yet the old and the young ignored finding favor with those of one, and soon to be both. The warmth of fall faded as the chill of winter warmed my face.

No comments: