Monday, April 22, 2024

The Ruby Ring Story: Epilog

Epilog

In case you wondering what happened to the ring, with the beautiful ruby stone. When I left the country and followed my husband to live in the United States, my mother took it off from her finger and gave it to me. Possibly, she benchmarked not only her finger... but the history, and the end for the story for now. It is still too big for me. I wear it on the same finger where is my wedding ring. It became a part of me, first goes the ring with the ruby stone and then the wedding ring. Now, you too, my friend, know why my ring was a story and a history behind it. 

One of my history professors at the university compared the history to a spiral with progress and regress my making one step forward and scooping from the past at the same time. In my story the ring represents a cycle of life. The meaning of it is symbolic. Throughout the story, the ring connects the family's past with the present and makes room for the future continuation. I think that I have it for a reason. I believe that the fact that I own it is provisional. The future will take over, and a new twist will take a new wrinkle on the history and will create new stories to tell.

P.S. Fact. Five days later after a wrote this story, my daughter got her first professional job. I am not in a hurry to pass my ring to her. The time is not right yet...

Ida Tomshinsky@2005-2024

No comments: