Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Departure: Poem

 


Departure

Departure. Gate “F Nineteen.”

You left at ten: fifteen.

I feel empty and almost sick

Like a broken stick.

You will be very missed.

Your presence could not be replaced.

I know from all of us,

You came to see me, and the house.

I am the missing link.

We are alike, I think.

I see in you myself

Several decades to echo.

You saw yourself

Several decades ago.

Life is a puzzle,

And we challenge the separation.

The life warrantee

Includes the fee:

Of trust, and hope, and inspiration

For the puzzle lovers,

Like us, loners.

Departure for us means being a part.

Sometimes, you pay a fee

To be free.

This departure made a body fracture,

But the destination will make sense in the structure.

Are we defaulters?

No, we are puzzle lovers.

Every day we decide and provide hard.

This is not an easy art,

To be a part.

Tomshinsky@2024

No comments: