Friday, June 28, 2024

I am Worth It: Poem

 I recommend you read it when you have time, quietly to enjoy it.

This is a gem... From Jorge Luis Borges, writer and poet.
Beyond the charm... beyond everything external to me.
“I AM WORTH IT”
From losing so much I learned to win; from crying so much I drew the smile I have.
I know the floor so much that I only look at the sky. I hit rock bottom so many times that every time I go down, I know tomorrow I'll be up.
I am amazed at how human being is, that I have learned to be myself.
I had to experience loneliness to learn how to be with myself and know that I'm good company.
I tried so many times to help others, that I learned to ask for help.
I always tried to make everything perfect and realized that really everything is as imperfect as it should be (including me).
I only do what I must, the best way I can, and others do what they want.
I saw so many dogs running mindlessly, that I learned to be a tortoise and appreciate the journey.
I learned that in this life nothing is certain, except death... that's why I enjoy the moment and what I have.
I learned that no one belongs to me, and I learned that they will be with me as long as they want and should be, and whoever is really interested in me will let me know at all times and against whatever.
That true friendship does exist, but it's not easy to find.
That the one who loves you will always show it to you without you asking.
That being faithful is not an obligation but a real pleasure when love is the owner of you.
That's living. ... Life is beautiful with its come and go, with its flavors and flavors...
I learned to live and enjoy every detail, I learned from the mistakes, but I don't live thinking about them, because they are always a bitter memory that prevents you from moving forward, because there are irreparable errors.
Strong wounds are never erased from your heart but there is always someone really willing to heal them with the help of God.
Walk in God's hand, everything always gets better.
And don't push too hard because the best things in life happen when you least expect them. Don't look for them, they look for you.
The best is yet to come...
✍️ Jorge Luis Borges

No comments: