Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Pressed Flowers: Essay

 

Pressed Flowers

Pressed flowers have been used to preserve memories for hundreds of years. People once tucked blooms into letters, journals, and family Bibles to remember weddings, loved ones and special moments. That is the one reason I love combining wildflowers with vintage decor. They both remind us that beautiful things deserve to be preserved.

I love creating pressed flower art, but what means the most to me is the message behind each piece. If my art can encourage someone to slow down, hope, smile, or simply feel a little less alone, then it's doing exactly what I hoped it would. In my own little way, I want to create pieces that inspire and remind people that it is okay to rest, to heal, and to keep believing in brighter days.

Pressed flowers, soft fairy lights, and a little creativity turned an ordinary jar into a magical lantern that brings warmth to any space. Nature has a beautiful way of creating the most delicate decorations.

Create beautiful nature suncatchers using sticky contact paper, pressed flowers, leaves, and petals collected on a summer walk. Simply arranged treasures between two sheets of contact paper, trimmed them into circles, and hung them in a sunny window or between tree branches to catch the light, remind of the past summertime.

Sometimes powerful words in rhymes create lyrics like pressed flowers to preserve memories to remember the occasion. Tomshinsky@2026

No comments: