Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Bandit's Mask: Poem

 


Bandit’s Mask

You can research and ask

About ringed tail

And bandit’s mask –

To find out that little animal did not fail.

The charismatic raccoons from the pathway

Have human hands.

The are grabbing and holding the pray:

Mice, birds, and insects.

 

Have you ever worn

A mask on Halloween?

Then you win!

I will share my story of little coons.

The wooly raccoon

Has black fur

Around the eyes.

They do not cry.

Do they get involved in domestic crimes?

Yes, they do, they use sharp claws of five.

They are bandits and thieves,

When it comes to the trashcan’s ruins.

 

The bow

From hollow

Toward the water pool

To wash their food.

Raccoons eat everything,

By grabbing and pulling,

But favored the fruit.

They live in dens and hollow logs,

And play with bugs.

 

In the early morning, at 6:00 a.m.,

When I am

On my own,

All alone –

Jogging and watching,

The nature nurture,

I watched an unbelievable picture –

Raccoons finished the night hunt,

And a very lovely one used front paw

To wash the food at the pond:

Mice, bird, or fruit.

 

In the early mornings, the bushes are in fog,

At the playground that is close to my backyard.

I do not need to go to the zoo.

I watch nature for me, and you.

I met two raccoons who came from African kinkajou.

By making this point and acknowledging

Flora and fauna in southeast Florida

With curiosity of Ida,

In the early morning, jogging and discovering.

Tomshinsky@2024

No comments: